If I got no communication about this thread I would stop but boy, we must have a good group out there…. the hit counter hit a new hi yesterday….and heck, there was a crappy pic there yesterday. Got a call from up in the great white north…. “hey, fix that fuzzy pic!” Sir..Yes Sir…. How is this one Oh, lemme get a little closer The system along with the modified components built fit like a glove. Inside, the 4 forward firing ducts will tie right into the original vent locations Now this is proven and in, I’m moving to the dash interior refinish The wiring in the middle of the floor is the complete dash AC electrical harness.
We have more going on with Ruby though than the dash, the wall panels are being cut and fitted Stay tuned….
Katlyn got the intake manifold off of, check out the “cookies” in the “turkey tray” This is the thin metal gasket under the intake manifold and the intake manifold? Yep, this is a classic to show the crack created because of the extreme heat passing under the carb Yes, and this crack is almost to the bottom of the inside deck! Blocking off the exhaust crossover to the intake eliminates this…. This coach ran fine with no sign of this issue. Once again, if you do not have the exhaust crossovers blocked off…… good luck! Understand, 1 grain of this stuff and your motor is done!
With our front and rear interior caps in Ruby repaiers and our texture process tested…… we’ll be moving inside staring on finish work on Ruby…… stay tuned…..
So it’s 8am…… it’s off to work we go…… see ya tomorrow
Hey and BTW, if you appreciate us putting all of this out for your entertainment, learning and just somewhere to go reading about our antics….. give me a bump on the comments below….. I mean if none of this really interests you I need to know…. thanks for your support….. ..
Mark Kalinowski says
Love all the info! Thanks Jim!!!
Read it daily with my coffee
DAVID NORTHCUTT says
Very good job, enjoy reading first thing every morning. and as an aside I have learned an awful lot from you but I have a long way to go!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
The Englishman says
Fine looking coach that ‘Ruby’!
Aurora Steve says
I get anxious if I don’t see a posting. Please keep up the great info!
Jeff Smith says
Fascinating stuff! Keep up the good work!
phil henderson says
kinda ruins the start of the workday when you don’t post (yes, I can look at your site at work as I own the place 🙂
Don Straus says
It’s part of my morning ritual. Following your posts with interest, and making/adding to my list!
THIS IS GREAT STUFF. MORE INTERIOR FRAMEWORK SHOTS WOULD BE NICE. BUT THATS JUST MY CURRENT INTEREST.
Bud DeGroot says
Great work. Have a 76 and will be interested in how the FI system works out. Lot of vapor lock problems in the Texas heat.
Willie Heater says
Good job Jim. Love reading the blogs. How about a group picture of the crew maybe dressed like elves. Miss you guys
Great job Jim, I read this blog daily and really enjoy learning about the GMC. Keep it up!!
My wife and I have two revcons. The first one we purchased was a ’75 with an unfinished interior. I mean almost stripped interior. A majority of the ‘bits’ are there, but incomplete. We agreed on naming it ‘Hannibal’, as in ‘Lector’. On police interceptors forum, that is our username for that site. ‘Hannibal’ We just got the engine running properly. The second, a ’72 revcon, we bought from a very nice couple living in central California. We towed it back, with our f350, on a bumper-towed, hook and pintle, flat bed, tilting trailer and could only drive a maximum of 48 mph because of the danger of sway. All the way back to northwest Oregon. It, too, has its engine running well now…..and new driveshafts/halfshafts, brake rotors. Fortunately, there wasn’t a lot of catastrophic damage due to the fire to the left front wheel area. The revcon had been sitting for 8 years in storage without regular maintenance. A sedentary life aided in its demise of a stuck right front brake caliper puck. The puck never recessed into the caliper cavity like it should have, as the previous owner drove back to his house for my wife and I to come pick it up. The caliper squeezed down so tightly on the rotor, the heat started the fire and the rotor, eventually, disintegrated to dust. Now we have two new rotors, two new calipers, two new driveshafts. The engine purrs like a kitten with a new carburetor by ‘jet’. Now, we have to get the correct front tires the right size/weight rating/ply amount and a few other non safety-related items done. This might take some time since it is just now winter of late 2017, early 2018.