If you read past episodes on this project, we had said the intake manifold we wanted to use was found to have 1 too many cracks under magnaflux inspection
A different intake was located, cleaned and magnafluxed to find only the usual single crack between the secondary ports as even intake we find has. Installing stainless steel exhaust crossover blocking plate solves the initial issue of too much heat to the intake plus reseals the vacuum side of the intake. Here is the second intake after it’s bath and a hi heat rust killing paint sprayed on by the machinist and here it is over at Drew koba’s mancave motor assembly garage sporting our industrial grey colors Drews assembly shop is a very special place being one of a few places in the country to go that someone really DOES understand Oldsmoble motors. Drew and I have had a pretty special relationship over the years Oh wait, that’s Drew helping us sort out our old motor room… note how he’s trying hard not to get any of it on him….. Yeah, his place is a little cleaner and he keeps everything in that room the same way. Ron, this is your motor getting it’s final touches.
We have the push rods ordered, had to assemble the heads and block to see where the push rods needed to be. So with the cam degreed in the push rods can be measured. We are installing adjustable roller tip rockers but valve train geometry is a big deal. Those will be in tomorrow and the motor will finish assembly and come over for a run in on our stand like we did on this motor before We will have an all new distributer and remanufactured carb. Stay tuned for more…
The day is on and I’m in it…. thanks for dropping by and we’ll see ya tomorrow….