…….. JayGee fired up, was rock steady at 180 degrees, oil pressure cold 55 pounds…..opounds…..of course we use straight 40 wht. down here in Florida.
It “rains on the plain in Tenagra” every afternoon at @ 3pm. That’s why I’ve been hitting the door early trying to get back on the road. Of course putting the front end over a crack in the pavement that turned out to be I-95 for red ants…..Jason got eat up and I added more leak holes to my cuts and scrapes that my hands have endured! I’m telling you I think ,my hands can no longer see”. If you’ve worked with your hands that way you may know what I mean…….whatever it is I don’t like it. Braving the red ants, wanted to try and shift the aftermarket fiberglass fan shroud to not hit turning left. Fired it up…..went the wrong way……hey, im left handed! Put the top tranny lines backwards and for some reason I guess after 2 years of sitting, the heater hoses were cut……….hey, I don’t know! FINALLY, every I dotted……….my year old blem batteries were dead! WhhhhaaaaaaT? Ok, guess I need to get real batteries getting ready to go out on the road and all……..
The motor cleanup went well. Note the head over on the left lip of the engine opening….the head of the auto deploy Fire Fight Product SS100R4 fire suppression system. I may love my motor but 8m not relying on that………. A vintage motorhome is “a mobile campfire looking for a match”! I thought fire suppression was so important for our vintage classics….. I bought the company! Www.firefightproducts.com. Yes, you need this stuff to be safe, a GMC owner, retired fire engineer, with HIS motorhome in mind. First of the year I can’t guarantee the business will not be changed. 10% off for GMC Motorhome owners….. I’ve done what I could….you will Still need this.
Other than headers, FiTech and the cone air cleaner it’s all original…..original motor…you KNOW my timing chain is loose! Hey but JayGee is still making me happy
oops, upside down but that’s the remanufactured original alternator with the 130amp regulator, self exciting and the 8 GA. red wire you see going along with the front harness. It’s a second wire path coming out of the alternator to the Semlac ACR-160. It’s called “bywiring” the alternator output……more current flow out of the alternator is always a good thing. I added length and new connectors on the oil and water senders.
Yep, I still have an A-6 compressor….still works!
Well, my heart raced and the motor fired. I’m back is what I heard! FiTech told me all good things, the water temp mechanical gauge wasn’t moving….then it went to 180 degrees…….the new thermostat opened. Oil started at 55……thick oil still stayed up hot……… Vacuum a steady 18.5″, AC on dropped 5 then cold air blew from the Vintage Air in dash mod…….motor hummimlng….3.9 afr at idle……..life is good. And then like I said, it started raining. It was a good rain on a good day. Tomorrow I torque the wheels, maybe a suck bleed……… But I got the new tag decal today so all this equated to a good sight to me. Thanks for the phone calls of support, that made it mire fun.
One more pic of that ” beautiful bean footage”. Tomorrow we ride……..
And so I think I changed the names on the site. Let me know what you think. See ya later and thanks for dropping by.
Rick Dunagan says
Awesome update. Thanks for the detail. Love it